Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just wait till I hang you up....


I've just got back from my second session with Ronnie. I'd love to say it got easier but it really didn't. Today there were no niceties of skipping and rowing. As a warm up he had me running fast at 12.9km/hr (not sure why 12.9 and not 12.8 or a round 13!) for 10 minutes! It was then straight onto weights, weights, weights and more weights. To end on a jovial note he then decided on sit ups and ab crunches and reverse ab crunches and this HORRIBLE thing where you lie face down and just lean on your elbows and keep your body off the ground for 45 seconds. I'm typing with 2 fingers and these are the only things that I can actually move at the moment.

However, the pain of today, the knowledge of tomorrows impending pain and the fear of Saturdays 10am session with Ronnie are not really my biggest issue at the moment. I seem to have a bigger problem. You see I thought that it would be a good idea to buy a punch bag. I therefore ventured into Go Sports who, for some unknown reason, are currently having a boxing equipment promotion! My in depth knowledge of boxing (actually its because I read the hotel brochure in Lord Lonsdale's Spa where I stayed in the Lake District last year!) made me aware that Lonsdale equipment is the best boxing stuff money can buy and so I opted for their biggest and meanest looking punching bag. Having chosen a particularly colourful set of yellow boxing gloves that not only look good alongside the bag but match my favourite training vest (shut it!), I forked out my cash and 2 of the shop staff carried the bag onto a trolley and into my boot.
That was 3 days ago. I can't get the bastard out of my car. I can't lift it and I've got too much pride to ask any of my neighbours. I'd hoped the Gardener could help me this morning but to be honest I don't think he could actually lift the gloves let alone the bag.

It's a problem and the only mate I have that I think could actually lift it is in the UK for another week. I'm considering just leaving it there and punching it as it lays in the back of the jeep, that'd teach it a lesson!
Anyway, if anyone is passing Cluster 45 in Jumeriah islands and wants to help out please knock on the door, speak to the maid and I'm sure she'll give you a hand where she can....I'd love to help but my two fingers are pretty knackered after all this typing!

No comments: